The Redeemed Christian Church Of God Mount Of His Sufficiency Parish
The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Mount of His Sufficiency parish was born by El-Shaddai Worship Center on the 27th April 2014 with a team of 10 workers. The formal inauguration of the church was on the 27th of July 2014.
The maiden service was held at Games village shopping complex (behind Eric Moore Towers. The church relocated to Games village playground between block 15 and 16 on the 11th of May 2014 haven stayed for 2 Sundays.
The church was under the canopy (for 6months)until October 2014 when we moved to no 103 Bode Thomas Surulere. It is a family community church with most members from Orile-iganmu, Ebutte-metta, Iponrin, Shitta and Bode Thomas axis. We believe God for our permanent space soonest by his grace.
Glory be to God, the church has grown to an average of 45-50 regular members. It is note-worthy that this is a‘Welfare focused church” that has never missed refreshment after the church service from the 1st maiden service to date, except during the general RCCG fasting period.
Vision statement ”With Christ, together, impacting lives for the kingdom of God”
With the help of God and co-operation of our partners, workers, and entire congregation, the church has being impacting lives in many way among which are;
- Children’s program at games village every 29th of May beginning from 2014 (barely a month from take-off). The program attracted 71 children and many adults. Another Children outreach was on the 30th of May 2015 which attracted over 150 children. This has become a yearly children program to date.
- Regular beautiful Carol celebration service since December 2014 with about 100 people in attendance each year.
- Series of breakfast prayer meetings with invited Ministers, members, friends and members of our community. We alternate our monthly vigil with breakfast prayer meeting.
- Series of Health Talk on “ Dental management & care’ & ‘Managing stress & related ailments”, “care of the digestive system’,” quarterly health check with administration of drugs”, general wellness, inspirational talk etc.
- New Members Forum to welcome our new members, and discuss their impression & expectations about the church.
- Dedicated family Church Library on the 26th of April 2015 with a collection of books for adults and children, as well as a mini bookshop/Christian resource corner.
- Sports evangelism @ the national stadium where souls were won for the Lord
- Community outreach program where we distributed flashlight to the shops in the shopping complex, and some flat in Games village. These are the communities that have hosted & supported the church
- Had “Free summer” classes for children in primary & secondary for 3 weeks in August 2015 9over 50 children from the church and community attended.
- Visited Bible Society of Nigeria in Apapa to donate money for the production of 4 sets of Braille’s bibles for the blind (The 1st RCCG church to support BSN – according to BSN Management)
- Organized outreach program under the bridge at Iponri to reach out to Oke Olu community behind Leadway Company, Orile Iganmu by toll gate, and another one at Olaleye market.
- Commenced monthly spiritual ante-natal clinic for pregnant women and those believing God for the fruits of the womb now last Wednesday of the month
- and Lunch hour fellowship for neighborhood workers now 2nd Wednesday of the month since March 2016At Games village AUG 2014
Church premises in Oct 2014. The church is located at the back with limited space for growth.
1st New members forum in 2015